Whether you’re endlessly scrolling through Netflix, struggling to decide on a restaurant, or feeling overwhelmed by endless options for where to live, who to date, or where to work, chances are you’ve experienced “Infinite Browsing Mode.” But is the temptation to always keep our options open actually hurting us? In this episode, author and civic advocate Pete Davis shares why it’s much more productive – and satisfying – to just commit already.
- Guest: Pete Davis, author of “Dedicated: The Case for Commitment in an Age of Infinite Browsing”
- Connect With Pete Davis
- 2018 Harvard Commencement Address
- “Join or Die” documentary
- “Bowling Alone: The Collapse and Revival of American Community” by Robert Putnam
- “I and Thou” by Martin Buber
- Fr. James F. Keenan SJ