Write for Us
Before you go any further, please check out our About page!
*Please note we do not publish sponsored posts or articles with promotional links
We are looking for writers who can contribute in an authentic and approachable way to conversations like navigating the professional world, finding community, dating and relationships, living a meaningful life, and more. If that sounds like you, join the conversation!
Contributors should be young, talented storytellers with experience writing for the web and promoting their work on social media. Our ideal writer is able to write smart content in a fun, casual, and conversational tone. Writers should contribute ideas and content rooted in their own experience and based on personal expertise or research, but there are also opportunities to interview more credentialed experts. The best part: You will be compensated for your work!
If you want to help us achieve our goal, consider these examples of topics we cover:
- Finding Community
- Friendships — making friends and the challenges of friends
- How to help friends who lose a job, lose a parent, after a breakup
- Getting involved with your community
- Having Fun/Entertainment
- Awesome vacation ideas
- What a singer/movie/TV show taught you about life
- Childhood throwbacks
- Achieving Professional Success
- Finding, keeping, advancing in a job
- Finding purpose outside of work
- Tips for networking, interviews, changing careers
- Romantic Relationships
- Online dating
- Defining relationships
- Breaking up well
- Attaining Financial Stability
- Living on a budget
- Handling student loans and school debt
- How to ask for a raise
- Living a Meaningful Life
- Finding balance
- Mental health
- Tips or lists of books that improve your live
- Knowing Who You Are
- Tips for self-discovery
- Advice for choosing a major, career, etc.
- Having a crisis of faith
- Discovering Spiritual Fulfillment
- Many forms of prayer
- Finding a faith community
- Addressing struggles with the Catholic Church
Things we’re looking for
- 500-word essays
- Fun listicles
- Longer magazine style features that dig deeper
Please e-mail email@example.com with a paragraph explaining what you want to write, what the structure will be, and why you think it’s a good fit for our audience. Include a potential headline for the piece. Example:
10 Ways to Give Back When You’re Broke: When you’re a poor 20-something, it’s hard to find the funds to pay rent, let alone donate to your local church or a favorite charity. But millennials are some of the most dedicated people when it comes to wanting to give back to their communities. This listicle will cover 10 ways to help out a local charity without spending a dime, from organizing fundraisers or bake sales to volunteering their social media skills.
*Do not send a headline or one-line pitch without a detailed description of what you will cover in the article.
Then, tell us a little bit about yourself and why you are interested in this topic and our website. Along with your pitch, please send us your Twitter handle, two or three writing samples to give us an idea of your style and tone, and links to your blog or other online publications you’ve written for.
If you would like to send us a submission, please follow these guidelines:
- Length: Usually 500 words, but depends on the piece. Please attach your piece as a Microsoft Word Document.
- Stories must be previously unpublished and should follow the guidelines listed above.
- Include five to seven headline ideas with each submission.
- Send us your Twitter handle and links to your blog or other online publications you’ve written for.
We will try to respond to everyone who reaches out to us with story ideas. Please allow two or three weeks for a response. This time frame will vary with the volume of submissions.